Saturday, December 13, 2008

Life Long Learning and Information Overload

Wow, I seem to be posting a lot these few days. I am obviously reading a lot too.

I was behind in reading all my blogs in my Google Reader.

I am one of those people who when I check out a book, buy a magazine, or open a newspaper, I want to devour everything in it. I am reluctant to put it down, return it, or put it in the recycle bin until I have "finished" it.

In these days of information overload, this is a problem. There is always going to be more information than I can consume myself. I have to be wise in what I read. I have to learn to pick and choose what I want to read "thoroughly" and rely on others sometimes to synthesize what information is out there for me.

This is a problem that will be out there for all of our students. (That includes each of us as well. WE ARE ALL STUDENTS!)

We must learn how to pick and choose what we become passionate about. We must learn to pick and choose what we spend our time reading, learning, and doing. One of the most critical things we all need to learn is how to prioritize what is most important to us.

Learning is not over when the school day is over. We must all continue to be LIFELONG LEARNERS!

No comments: