Thursday, July 23, 2009

All About Image Chef

ImageChef.com

I had to write about this new cute tool I found.

Image Chef

You have to register, but it is not a big deal. Then you can make all sorts of cool images with text. For teaching, it was suggested one use the Letters of the alphabet for a shape and then put particular words inside the letter shape. You can change the color, the background, the shape, etc. For this one I used "Word Mosaic" and just put in one leter ---the small a. Then I typed in words with the short a SOUND from the word family -at.

I also sent one of the other images to my daughter.

ImageChef.com

Think back to grade school....It was one of those "Fortune Teller Messages" that kids fold a piece of paper and then wiggle back and forth the corners to come up with a specific answer. You will understand when you look on the site. It was one of the first animations available on the website.

This is a lot of fun. I am not sure how it relates to technology and the school curriculum, but perhaps students could use a word and type in the concepts...

Don't spend too much time there!

No comments: