Friday, August 7, 2009

TED, TED, TED -- Janine Benyus - Biomimicry

Technorati Tags:

Every time I watch a TED TALK, I am amazed. These talks are usually 18 minute talks that seem like you have been listening for ONLY 3-5 minutes. They are mesmerizing.

Once again it has happened.

I started tonight with the most recent TED TALK of Janine Benyus in OXFORD in July 2009 entitled Janine Benyus: Biomimicry in action.

Then I discovered she had talked previously at TED in 2007. Janine Benyus shares nature's designs

Her subject area is Biomimicry. This is a fascinating field, learning about Nature’s recipe book, learning about the genius of the natural world and getting something from it.

 

Please watch both of her talks (click on links above) and check out the many other TED talks online.

Can you imagine a high school biology student watching her talks? 

I wish I was that age again now and could plan to spend my life studying nature and the prospect of being able to learn from nature and help our planet.

Talk about GOING GREEN!

Let’s show these to our students as well!

Which TED TALK would be appropriate for your students?

No comments: