Sunday, September 13, 2009

PowerPoint into AuthorSTREAM

I made a comment on a NING that I am a member of and someone commented back to me that if I was so “gung-ho” on technology, I should check out the following platform.  So I did. 

I have been playing with one of my PowerPoint presentations ever since.  My presentation had audio on each slide that the student was able to click on to listen. That way the student could listen to the audio on a page as many times as necessary for that student to understand what was being learned. 

Either my original audio was VERY POOR quality (which it may well have been) or the click as you go audio did not translate to this platform.  Thus, I spent a little time re-recording the audio in one fell swoop in a higher audio quality (which took up more space), but the sound carried through to the Authorstream platform. It is not click as you go for either the slide movement or the sound, but it is adequately slow speed for a young learner, I believe.


Here’s the actual comment back to me:
With your strong interest in Technology, I recommend you take a look at Wiziq's virtual classroom and authorstream's power point presentation platform. Both are web based platforms, have a bunch of features and free basic service.
I have not yet had a chance to try the other product he mentions.  Another day, more fun!

How could you use this platform to engage your students? If your students are old enough and savvy enough, how could they use these technologies?

No comments: